Tickets on Sale Now to Benefit Ruby’s Place, Boys & Girls Club of Diablo Valley, Las Trampas, Trinity Center Walnut Creek, and VESTIA
Tickets are on sale now for the Lafayette Juniors 16th Annual Kitchen Tour. This self-guided tour will be held on Saturday, May 16th from 10am to 3pm and will feature six special Lafayette homes with beautifully designed classic, traditional, contemporary, transitional, and modern cottage kitchens, and a mid-century modern kitchen recently featured in Houzz “Kitchen of the Week.” Attendees will receive a Kitchen Tour program detailing all the special design elements of the kitchens as well as information on the architects, designers and contractors who created these spaces.
Proceeds from this year’s event benefit the work of five local non-profit organizations: Ruby’s Place, Boys & Girls Club of Diablo Valley, Las Trampas, Trinity Center Walnut Creek, and VESTIA. These organizations were selected by the Lafayette Juniors for the support they provide to children, families and seniors in need in Contra Costa and neighboring East Bay counties.
· Ruby’s Place provides shelter and supportive services for women and children who experience domestic violence, homelessness, and human trafficking. www.rubysplace.org
· Boys & Girls Club of Diablo Valley has a mission to enable all young people, especially those who need it most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens. www.bgcdv.org
· Las Trampas provides exceptional services to individuals with moderate to profound developmental disabilities so they reach their highest potential and lead full lives at home, at work and in the community. www.lastrampas.org
· Trinity Center Walnut Creek cares for homeless and very poor people with compassion by providing an environment of safety, friendship and dignity; their mission is to be a doorway to services that are available. www.trinitycenterwc.org
· VESTIA provides numerous services and products to children in foster care and disadvantaged and impoverished youth, including summer camp scholarships, backpacks with school supplies, new books, and warm clothes. www.vestiainc.org
“In preparation for our 16th annual Kitchen Tour, I am reminded of what’s possible when we come together to raise funds for charity,” said Laura Lashinsky, President of the Lafayette Juniors. “We would like to thank everyone who is helping to make this year’s Kitchen Tour possible, from our sponsors and donors, to our generous homeowners who are opening their homes to us all. We are lucky to have a home on this year’s Tour that was featured in Houzz ‘Kitchen of the Week.’” To see a sneak peak of this kitchen, visit http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/28547920/list/kitchen-of-the-week-modern-update-for-a-midcentury-gem
Presenting Marble sponsors include Douglah Designs, Premier Kitchens, Village Associates, and realtor Dana Green. Media sponsors include Diablo Magazine, 92.1 KKDV, Lamorinda Weekly, Minuteman Press, and LamorindaWeb.
Tickets are $40 ($35 tax deductible), with a box lunch available for $15. Tickets can be purchased online at www.lafayettejuniors.org and are also available at Premier Kitchens (3373 Mt. Diablo Blvd) in Lafayette.
ABOUT THE LAFAYETTE JUNIORS
Founded in 1953, Lafayette Juniors is a non-profit organization made up of local women dedicated to raising funds and offering service in support of other non-profits that serve children, families, and seniors in need throughout Contra Costa and neighboring counties in the San Francisco area. Over the past 15 years, the Lafayette Juniors have raised more than $550,000 for Bay Area non-profit groups.
For more information on the Lafayette Juniors Kitchen Tour and its beneficiaries, visit www.lafayettejuniors.org.
©2018 Lamorinda Presents.